Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Blogger's Challenge #53: Resist

This week's Blogger's Challenge was to use any resist technique. That sounds pretty simple, doesn't it? This challenge has been rolling around in my head forever...I actually thought about it all week long. I just couldn't decide what to do...

Now Friday rolls around and I am backed into a corner. I have only 45 minutes left in my day to make the card and post it to blogger.... So what's a stamper to do? I just grabbed the stamps that were already strewn on my messy desk, and started with those. This Joseph's Coat/Emerging Color card came out of the mix. Both are really old techniques from the TJ Newsletter... Although this card is funky, I really like it! I'm sure it pales in comparison to my other BC partner's artwork, though.

To make the background, I brayered two colors of ink over a matte white cardstock randomly. Then I stamped the medallion with VersaMark, Clear Embossed it, and let it cool. Then I brayered burgundy ink over all that, and wiped the excess ink off the medallions. A few dots of Silver Stickles, and the background was done!

I hope you enjoy my "because it was on my desk" resist card...if you have a few minutes, take a look at the other cards from the rest of the BC players (in my left sidebar).

All stamps, Stampin' Up!; the Silver medallions are from Club Scrap.


0 comments:

Post a Comment