Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Blogger's Challenge: Sketch with Worn Wallpaper

Today is Friday, and that means it's Blogger's Challenge day. Today's challenge was to use the sketch provided to create a card. My card uses the Worn Wallpaper Technique from the August 2010 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter for the background. I cheated a bit on that, using vanilla in place of the white and embossing it with Tim Holtz's Distress Embossing Powder. It is really fabulous in person!

The card stock and stamps used on this card are from Club Scrap -- my new pizza box came on Wednesday, and I was anxious to tear into it! The papers and stamps are exquisite in this month's kit -- you will be seeing more of it next week.

I really tried to stay true to the sketch, and I did -- if you are standing on your head! I turned the sketch around so that the three elements were at the bottom right of my card, rather than the top left.  although I originally created the card like the sketch, it just didn't look balanced with my elements, so I had to flip it! Here is the original sketch (click for a larger view):
If you are interested in seeing some great art, click on the Blogger's Challenge banner on my sidebar for the list of BC players. Have a great weekend!





P. S. The Worn Wallpaper Technique will also be on CD8 -- have you ordered yours yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment