Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Burnished Doily

This Emboss Resist card (*see note below about this technique) was inspired by a card made by my friend Nancy Hill. Nancy's card (Look at it HERE) uses the SU Medallion stamp -- because Nancy HATES doilies.When stamping with her, I took the position of advocate for the Hello Doily stamp set... This card was the result of me trying to convince Nancy that the doily does have redeeming qualities (it is not just for Grannie's armrest anymore!). Nancy ALMOST likes this card; in her words "I would really like that if only it didn't have the doily on it..." Our aesthetic disagreement will most likely continue...

Nancy lives in California. I live in Connecticut. Nancy comes here for 6 weeks every summer. she looked me up 3 years ago -- and every year since, we have come to appreciate each other more and more. It is rare to find beautiful people in this world; Nancy is one of them. I am proud to call her my friend.

Plus...she makes me laugh. That alone is priceless!!







*About the Emboss Resist Technique: I have a tutorial already done showing how to use it. I had planned on posting it on my blog here -- but have not posted it because I think most people know how to do this. If you would like to see this tutorial posted, please leave me a comment and I will get it online within the week :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment