Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Blogger's Challenge - Color Challenge


Lisa loves to throw a challenge out there for the Blogger's Challenge players; this week proves it! The colors assigned to us this week were Really Rust, Mellow Moss, Sahara Sand, Regal Rose, and Blue Bayou. Truthfully, this is not a color palette that I would reach for when working -- but in all honesty, I can say that I really like how my creation turned out! That is one of the reasons I love to be in the BC group -- sometimes it really stretches me.

I stamped and embossed the collage stamp from the Innovative Stamp Creations' Summer Elements II in really rust, then I used the Marker Water Coloring Technique from the June 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter to color it. On the background, I stamped the flourish from ISC's Nature Silhouette sheet in really rust, then I traced over it loosely with a matching marker. I added highlights with a mellow moss marker, then pierced some holes in it to add interest. All that is layered on more color -- and I think it turned out pretty cool!
Make sure to check out the other Blogger's Challenge Players -- an up-to-date list can be found by clicking on the logo in my sidebar.
I hope your weekend is filled with unexpected colors!

0 comments:

Post a Comment