Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Faux Sanding with Asian Artistry

It feels like it has been forever since I completed a creative project from start to finish! Since coloring 1000 pumpkins or 2000 frogs in the CHA booth while demoing for Copic in their booth doesn't exactly count as creative work, I was itching to make something! I finally broke away from my computer screen long enough today to play in the Technostamper Sketch Challenge #82. It has been a VERY long time since I have played -- but I am committed to doing this at least twice a month, because playing in this challenge allows me to just, well, PLAY.

Here is the original sketch:And here is my interpretation....and it is very literal! I used the Faux Sanding Technique from the August issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter for the coral/orange panel in the back. The front panel was colored with Copic Markers. The stamps are from Stampin' Up!'s Asian Artistry Hostess Set. It is a little hard to see from my picture but the verse and flower are popped up from the back panels.
I love the way my card turned out -- and I am sending it to someone I know who approaches life with abundant enthusiasm, and who kept me up until 3am three nights in a row!

I hope you get creative today, too!

0 comments:

Post a Comment