Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Blogger's Challenge -- CASE-ing Margaret

CASE: Copy and "Steal" Everything.
That was today's Blogger's Challenge. We were charged with CASE-ing another Blogger's Challenge member. I chose to use a card from Margaret Raburn as my inspirational CASE. A little about Margaret: I have known her for at least 8 or 9 years online. In addition to her wonderful stamping talent, I find her to be humble, sweet and giving. It is my HONOR to CASE her.
Okay, so down to it...Here is my card:

For my card, I used a Shimmering Resist Background for the main green panel (August 2008 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter -- also on CD6). This is a VERY shimmery card in-person -- I had a hard time capturing the shimmer. A little slice of it is on the right so that you can see how pretty it is. My focal image was smaller than Margaret's so I had to add an extra black layer (under the seahorse) and I also had to change where the embellishments were because of the scale of my image. For comparison, here is Margaret's card:
I think that I haven't done her justice! When I see the cards side-by-side like this, Margaret's certainly is far superior. Beautiful work, Margaret!

Make sure to check out the other Blogger Challenge cards -- click on the logo on my sidebar to see all the challenge participants.

0 comments:

Post a Comment