Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Blogger's Challenge: Red White and Blue

Today's Blogger's challenge was to create something Red, White and Blue. Unfortunately, I am at the bottom of an inspiration hole. I have a deadline Monday for submitting to a magazine I write for and I need to make one more sample for them...and everything I made yesterday hit the trash. Today I woke up thinking I was inspired -- I thought using the sparkle flower from SU's Good Friend set would make a great firework explosion. Alas, I am rushed -- DH wants to paint the kitchen today and I need to go pick out paint colors.
I do have to say, in my defense, that the sparkle thingy does look like fireworks. And the red paper in the background, from The Paper Temptress, looks great. I originally intended to make this a Beaded Window card, too (December 2005 issue of the Technique Junkie Newsletter). I couldn't find any white floss (again, hurried) so I strung my beads on tan -- and when I laid them down, they just looked plain ol' cruddy. Then I dropped the string of beads all over my floor... I also wanted to put a more current "Celebrate" word in there, from SU, but all I could find was this old retired one....I think that threw me off further. The "Happy 4th of July" saying is from Artistic Outpost.

So my card became a drywall-stitched card (April 2009 issue of TJNL). And don't look too close, because it is not a great one at that!

C'est la vie. It is only a card!!! Happy 4th of July to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment