Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Country Morning Stitching


I admit it. I have a "thing" about chicken stamps. Not that I am in love with the animal - I actually think they are a little vile in real life (have you ever been PECKED by one?) and I apologize to any of you who take umbrage with my revulsion. I just think there is something "homey" ("homey as used by adults, not my 15 y/o old) about chicken stamps. I am not a "country" kind of gal -- more suburban to be sure, but I do love a good chicken stamp!

Now, that being said, this is a brand new stamp from Stampin' Up! from a hostess set called Country Morning. Today's Blogger's Challenge was to use stitching on our creations. Mine uses Faux Stitching (from the April 2006 Technique Junkie Newsletter), since -- I don't sew anything but buttons and hems with a needle and thread. I think it goes pretty well with the country theme I have going on!

My chicken was colored with Copics and layered on a Torn Frame (December 2008 TJNL). This was layered over Autumn Traditions DSP. I used the Falling Leaves set behind the label punch. Oh -- I forgot! The label punch is not normally this long -- I actually took pictures of how I did this, and I will post them on Sunday (they are on a camera that my DH has, currently, at boy scout camp).

In any case, I am sorry to babble on! Have a nice weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment